Feb. 16, 2007
UNC-Pembroke built a 4-1 lead with a trio of double matches and a pair of singles wins and to held off Fayetteville State University 5-4. Having won the first two doubles matches with an 8-2 score, the Braves took a 2-1 lead into single's play. Fayetteville State's Arie Bennett and Contessa Sanchez prevented a doubles sweep with their 8-2 win over Melissa Locklear and Jennifer McPherson.
The cold weather began playing tricks on both teams, but the Lady Broncos overcame the 30-degree temperature to tie the match with three consecutive singles wins. In the competition-deciding match, Gabriela Vrana won the first nine points in the match against Shayla Watson; but Watson fought back to post two consecutive points to cut the second set to 3-2. After a delay in the match due to darkness, Vrana would finish the match by winning the next four points.
1. Stacey Wood/Ivana Music (UNCP) def Ines Nieves/LeJacquelyn Artis (FSU) 8-2
2. Natalie Dies/Gabriela Vrana (UNCP) def Shayla Watson/Constance Lee (FSU) 8-2
3. Arie Bennett/Contessa Sanchez (FSU) def Melissa Locklear/Jennifer McPherson (UNCP) 8-2
1. Ines Nieves (FSU) def Stacey Wood (UNCP) 7-6, (7-4), 4-0 retired
2. Natalie Dies (UNCP) def Constance Lee (FSU) 6-0, 6-3
3. Ivana Music (UNCP) def LaJacquelyn Artis (FSU) 6-2, 6-0
4. Gabriela Vrana (UNCP) def Shayla Watson (FSU) 6-3, 6-2
5. Contessa Sanchez (FSU) def Melissa Locklear (UNCP) 6-1, 6-2
6. Arie Bennett (FSU) def Jennifer McPherson (UNCP) 4-6, 6-3, 6-3
FSU 0-2 UNCP 1-2